- Do you offer group rates?
- We offer special rates for a group of 20 or more. Please contact the group sales at 1-800-582-4673, ext. 4203 to speak with a group sales coordinator.
- Is there handicap parking and access available?
- Yes, we have handicap parking and access throughout the property. However, please note that Penguin Encounters and Penguin and Seal Experience are not handicap accessible due to the nature of the activities.
- Are there any discounts for seniors?
- Yes, there are. Every Tuesday is now Senior Day at Moody Gardens. If you are at the age of 65 and up, we have special discounts and activities planned just for you!
-Pay only $5 per attraction per senior citizen.
-Receive a 15% discount at gift shops, concessions and the Garden Restaurant at the Visitor's Center and the Aquarium Pyramid.
- Where can I find the benefits for members before purchasing the membership?
- You can read all about our great member benefits by visiting:
After you open the link, simply click on the kind of membership you are interested in (individual, family) and another page will open that lists all the benefits.
- What programs do you have in place to protect the enviroment?
- If you visit the "Conservation" section of our website, you can find out more about programs at Moody Gardens that aim to make a difference in our environment. Visit
and click the program names in red for more detailed information on each topic. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions!
- What kind of food concessions do you have?
Do you have a food list with prices?
- We have 3 main areas for concessions around our attractions. The Garden Restaurant, in the Visitor's Center, serves traditional American fare (burgers, wraps, sandwiches, salads...) The 3D Theater Concession stand (also in the Visitor's Center) carries items like pizza, hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, chicken tenders, ice cream, etc. Prices range from about $3-8 for individual items or combos. The Aquarium Concession area (downstairs in the Aquarium Pyramid) carries items that fall into "American Foods," "Mexican Foods," and "Italian Foods" categories with items like burgers, shrimp baskets, tacos, nachos, and sandwiches ranging in price from $3-9 for individual items or combos. This is not an official "Food List" and availability and prices may vary.
- I have a yearly pass including the Palm Beach area. Can I bring coolers in the area or not?
- Outside food and drinks (with the exception of plastic bottled water) are not allowed in Palm Beach. You are welcome to bring your cooler and leave it in your vehicle or at the gate. You can get a hand stamp from the gate attendant for same-day exit and re-entry. We also have concessions available for those who do not wish to bring their own lunch/snacks.
- Do you have strollers and wheelchairs for rent?
- Yes, we have strollers and wheelchairs available on a first-come, first-serve basis. They are currently located at the Aquarium Pyramid. There is no charge. However, we do ask that you leave a driver's license as a form of deposit. The license will be returned to you when you return the stroller/wheelchair.
- What form of payment do you accept for payment of tickets?
- We accept credit/debit (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and Diners), Check and Cash for ticket purchases.
- Do I need to purchase a ticket to attractions for a 2 yr old? Most places kids 2 and under are free.
- At Moody Gardens, children 3 years and younger are free! Have a great time!
- Does your resort offer gift cards? I would like to give my family and friends gift cards so they could plan a vacation to your hotel and attractions. Is that available? Thank you!
- Yes! You can purchase gift cards that are good all over Moody Gardens. You can purchase them online at http://www.moodygardens.com/shop_moody_gardens/ ; on the phone by calling 1-800-582-4673; or in person at Moody Gardens.
What a great gift for your family and friends!
- Does Palm Beach have a locker room facility where you can change and shower?
- Yes, there are facilities for changing and showering at Palm Beach.
- Does the Moody Gardens Hotel offer Military members and their family hotel discounts?
- We do offer a discounted rate at the hotel of $149 a night, Sunday through Thursday, for active military members and their family.
Please call Reservations at 1-888-388-8484 for more information or to book your hotel room.
- Hi! Does Moody Gardens have charitable donations in the form of complimentary tickets or admission?
- All donation requests must be received in writing, either by mail at:
Attn. Robert Callies, General Manager
One Hope Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77554
or by fax at: 409-683-4926
You should allow 2 weeks for processing your request, and we ask that you provide a mailing address where we can respond to you at.
Thanks for inquiring and good luck with your event!
- Is re-entry allowed?
- Re-entry depends on your ticket type and the attraction. Re-entry is allowed at Palm Beach, all you have to do is get a hand stamp on your way out. At the other attractions, re-entry is not allowed unless you have a Membership or 2-Day Pass because essentially you have unlimited admission with those ticket types. If you purchase a One-Day Pass or Individual Attraction Tickets, you should finish an attraction before you leave it, but you may leave the property and return later to see other attractions if you wish.
- Do any of your attractions have age or height requirements?
- The only attraction with a height requirement is the Ridefilm theater, and guests must be at least 42 inches tall to ride. There are no age requirements for any attractions, but there are some age requirements for special programs like the Pyramid Kids Camps or Backstage Pass Tours.
- How do you prevent your sharks from eating all of the small fish in the Aquarium?
- We try to prevent our sharks from eating the other fish by providing the correct types and amounts of prepared food to them on a scheduled basis. We
calculate the amount of food as a percentage of their body to be fed weekly or until satiated, depending on the situation. The reasons are that we have a baseline weight to work from and can closely monitor their food consumption and make necessary adjustments up or down, depending on animal weight and aggression. Also, we make sure we offer them a variety of foods such as squid, salmon, mackerel, bonita, blue runner, and shrimp along with vitamins to insure we meet all of their nutritional requirements and give them a good variety of foods. Believe it or not, even sharks can be picky eaters! Our staff biologists do an excellent job in keeping our sharks well fed and in good health.
- We were there two weeks ago and I noticed several trees that had multiple trunks and were full of red flowers. Can you tell me what type of tree they are?
- You are probably referring to the Jatropha interrigima, a small, sub-tropical tree that we use quite extensively here at Moody Gardens because of its prolific flowering. It blooms almost all year 'round. It attracts hummingbirds and butterflies. It will freeze, however, and must be protected from freezing temperatures. The only pest problems we have encountered are mealybugs, which can be controlled with insecticidal soaps. We use the common name of "Caribbean Star."
- What are your street address and trip directions?
- The attractions address is One Hope Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77554. The hotel address is Seven Hope Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77554.
Driving directions from Houston: Take I-45 South, exit 61st Street, turn right on 61st Street to Seawall Boulevard, turn right on 81st Street to Jones Road, turn left on Hope Boulevard to Moody Gardens.
Moody Gardens® is a public, non-profit educational destination utilizing nature in the advancement of rehabilitation, conservation, recreation and research.